Pages

February 09, 2015

Louis Vuitton Date Code

While selling my LV bag online, I happened to know from my buyer that authentic Louis Vuitton bags has a date code stamped either on its interior tag or on the lining. It indicates the place and date of its manufacturing.



This is my antique alma bag which was bought years ago.


I found the date code in the inner pocket which was quite difficult to reach. You really have to search thoroughly otherwise you might just miss it.

From my understanding, Date code consists of 6 alpha-numberic digits whereby
  • 1&2 digits represent the country where it was manufactured
    • List of LV country codes
    • France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (special order), AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DU, CO, CT, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RI, SD, SL, SN, SP, SR, TH, TR, VI, VX
    • USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL
    • Spain: CA, LO, LB, LM, LW
    • Italy: BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, RC, RE, SA, TD
    • Germany: LP
    • Switzerland: DI, FA
  • 3&5 digits represent the week or month depending on when it was manufactured
    • 1990s it's showing month 
    • 2007-present it's showing  week  
  • 5&6 digits represent the year it was manufactured


In my case, my Alma bag has a date code of FL0093 which means it was manufactured in USA and a manufacturing date of month 09 in 2003.

Although this is not a proof of its authenticity but if we are buying second hand LV bag, at least it served as an extra check.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...